Stability and impermeability are their hallmarks. Their rigid core and designs are wonderful. SPC flooring is what we talk about. We tell you everything you need to know and how to choose them.
SPC FLOORING, YOUR BEST OPTION
SPC flooring is in the luxury vinyl family. This means that they have a wide variety of designs and colors. But, their inner core is made of stone. This makes it a particularly stable, durable, and 100% waterproof floor. Initially, they were ideal for commercial spaces. However, SPC floors are gaining popularity in homes. Because of their stability and waterproof properties, they are perfect for all spaces in your home. Including kitchens, bathrooms, and basements. In this article we tell you about SPC flooring, it contains the following:
- SPC flooring vs. WPC flooring
- Pros and cons
- Cleaning and maintenance
- How to choose the right flooring
What is SPC flooring?
SPC is defined as Stone Plastic Composite or Stone Polymer Composite. It means that in its composition it has plastic and stone. That’s why they are considered a better version of luxury vinyl flooring. It consists of 5 layers in its interior. Here are the details:
- Wear layer: The top layer of the vinyl floor that is transparent. It is placed to add resistance to stains and scratches. It also gives the floor its durability.
- Vinyl Layer: Underneath the wear layer, you’ll find the top layer of vinyl flooring. It is waterproof and contains the design or color of your floor.
- SPC core: The SPC core is what makes it what it is. It is manufactured by combining limestone powder, vinyl, and stabilizers. This makes it a stable and waterproof floor.
- Base layer: This layer is attached to the core and allows to reduce the sound. It is made of IXPE or EVA foam.
In fact, their layouts are as wide and varied as vinyl flooring. Since, you can find imitation wood, ceramic, or stone. So natural you won’t notice the difference.